IQOS Social Media Accounts: Rules of Engagement
It is likely that you have been redirected here from one of our official IQOS social networking sites, in particular from one of our IQOS Customer Service pages on Facebook or Twitter or IQOS brand communication accounts on Instagram, as appropriate, to be referred to hereinafter as "Page (-s) IQOS".
IQoS pages are aimed at adult smokers who want to continue to enjoy and adults snuff products iQoS users residing in the Dominican Republic market and interacting with our iQoS Pages, Tu confirm that meet these criteria.
We are members of the Philip Morris International group of companies ("PMI"). We have identified with you, and we have given you our contact information, on the website where these interaction rules ( "Rules" ) or on the corresponding IQOS Page are published.
How do you accept these rules of interaction?
Good Conversion Practices and Our Duty to Inform
Before we tell you what you should not do on our page, here are some things you should know about IQOS:
IQOS is a scientifically based product that does not generate smoke, which is a much better option for adult smokers than smoking. Our vision is that smoke-free products like IQOS will one day replace cigarettes.
- IQOS is for adult smokers who want to continue enjoying tobacco products.
- HEETS contain nicotine, which is addictive.
- Children must not use tobacco or nicotine in any way.
- We do not offer IQOS to people who have never smoked or who have quit smoking.
- Our goal is to convert every adult smoker who would otherwise continue to smoke to smoke-free products like IQOS. We are committed to supporting adult smokers in their conversion journey through education and guidance.
- IQOS is not an alternative to stop smoking. The best option for consumers concerned about the health risks of smoking is to quit smoking altogether.
- To experience the benefits of IQOS / HEETS, adult smokers must completely switch to IQOS / HEETS and permanently quit cigarettes.
- IQOS is not a safe or risk-free alternative to cigarettes, but it is a much better option than smoking.
- Pregnant or lactating women, diabetics, and people with heart problems or severe high blood pressure should not use any tobacco or nicotine products, including HEETS.
We will regularly monitor the IQOS Pages, answering and transmitting as many useful recommendations as we can. We are glad that you are here and we expect feedback and passionate conversations, but keep the same adequate and positive.
1) You are responsible for the content you post on this page and we reserve the right to remove any publication that contains:
- Offensive or violent language.
- Hate or discriminatory comments about race, ethnicity, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation or political beliefs.
- Links or comments that contain material with sexually explicit content.
- Violations of copyright or intellectual property rights.
- Spam,baiting links ( link baiting ) or files that contain viruses that could damage the operation of other people's computers or mobile devices.
- Attacks on specific groups or any comment intended to harass, threaten or abuse a person or individual.
- Commercial offers or the promotion of a competitor.
- Confidential information or trade secrets.
- Impersonate any person or organization.
2) We reserve the right to prohibit or block a user from publishing content as described above and from a pattern of inappropriate publications or as we deem necessary, or to delete any publication on our IQOS Pages, if we do not consider that a publication complies with these Rules or with any other specific use term applicable to the platform. And we will not be obliged to notify you of any decision of this kind.
3) License to Use User Generated Content ("UGC" for its acronym in English). We would like to reuse the content that you submit, publish, send us in Private Direct Message (DM) in our IQOS Pages.
- For any UGC that you share with us, you declare and guarantee that:
- You are a current user of IQOS and you are at least 18 years old (if you do not appear in the UGC) or you are at least 25 years old (if it appears recognized in UGC);
- the UGC is your original work and does not violate any intellectual property, personality rights or other rights belonging to a third party;
- Your permission to use the UGC under this agreement ("Your License") does not infringe or conflict with your existing contractual agreements or applicable laws;
- Any person who appears recognizable in the UGC, including you, is at least 25 years old, and you have permission from those persons to: i) photograph, record or film them, ii) include their photograph, sound and / or video in the UGC and iii) if applicable, use their names to be shared by PMI and its affiliates for the purposes detailed below without any consideration payable to any of them, and iv) provide PMI with a copy of your written permission if PMI. It asks you to do it.
- You retain all of Your rights in the UGC, but hereby grant PMI and its affiliates a perpetual, free license for the use and copying, including for commercial purposes, of the UGC for all legal purposes, including marketing, promotion and / or advertising of PMI's non-combustible brands, as well as related products, services and promotional materials, at the sole discretion of PMI and without any liability or guarantee (express or implied) with respect to our use of the same, from the date you grant your License to PMI and its affiliates.
- You grant PMI and its affiliates the rights to reproduce, modify, display and prepare derivative works, interpret, display, distribute, disseminate, and otherwise use, publicly, the UGC, in whole or in part, in any form, that you want PMI (or any of its affiliates), for the above purposes, in any medium foreseen for publication and in any geography.
- You allow PMI and its affiliates to use the name, nickname, image, pseudonym, advertising rights, voice, live or recorded performance, autograph, photographs and biographical information of You and any other person included in the UGC in accordance with our privacy notice for commercial partners available at https: / /www.pmi.com/legal/legal-documents, and has notified all other persons included in the UGC of these terms.
- In the event that the UGC infringes any property or copyright of any third party or defames or invades the privacy or publicity rights of any person, you will indemnify, defend and hold PMI and its affiliates harmless from any and all claims, demands, damages, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses derived from or related to this breach.
- You accept that Your License is voluntary and that you are free to agree with PMI.
- You can contact email@example.com for any questions or clarification regarding Your License, if you believe that your copyrights or material protected by intellectual property have been used without authorization or if your privacy or rights have been infringed. of personality.
- Your License will be governed by the laws of Switzerland and will be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts in Lausanne, Switzerland, the provisions of private international law or on conflicts of laws, nor the provisions of the UN Convention of 1980 Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
Remember, Publications by You or other persons do not necessarily represent the views of Philip Morris International. We have no responsibility for any content or link shared by You or other people. If you want to share this page or its content with your own community, make sure that the people who see your publications are smokers of age or adult IQOS users.
RESPONSIBILITY AND WAIVER
YOUR USE OF OUR IQOS PAGES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. OUR SOCIAL NETWORK SITES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE". WHERE POSSIBLE, WE CAN RESTRICT YOUR ACCESS TO OUR IQOS PAGES OR ANY FUNCTION OR PART OF THESE AT ANY TIME. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, AND OUR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND ANY WARRANTY THAT THE MATERIAL IN OUR SOCIAL NETWORKS DOES NOT INFRINGE ANY RIGHT OR OBLIGATION; THAT THE ACCESS TO THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; THAT OUR SITES OF SOCIAL NETWORKS ARE SAFE; OR THAT THE INFORMATION ON OUR SITE OF SOCIAL NETWORKS WILL BE COMPLETE, ACCURATE OR TIMELY.
IF SOMEONE PRESENTS A CLAIM AGAINST US RELATING TO YOUR ACTIONS OR CONTRIBUTIONS, YOU WILL INDEMNIFY US AND KEEP US INDEMNITY FROM ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND EXPENSES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING REASONABLE LEGAL FEES AND FEES) RELATED TO SUCH CLAIMS.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OR INJURY RELATED TO OR RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE OURS. SOCIAL NETWORKS PAGES. THESE INCLUDE DAMAGES OR DAMAGES FOR ERRORS, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DEFECTS, DELAYS, COMPUTER VIRUSES, LOSS OF BENEFITS, LOSS OF DATA, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS AND ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS AND DATA, AND OTHER TANGIBLE AND INTANGIBLE LOSSES. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES INDEPENDENTLY THAT DAMAGES ARE CLAIMED UNDER THE TERMS OF A CONTRACT, AS A RESULT OF NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE, AND EVEN IF WE OR OUR REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN NEGLIGENT OR HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
If You provide us with personal data on the IQOS Pages, we will process them in accordance with the privacy notice that is available here .
Changes to these Rules
We may modify these Rules from time to time without prior notice. We encourage you to review these Rules each time you access and use our IQOS Pages to keep you up to date. If you continue to use the IQOS Pages, your use will mean that you accept the updated Rules. The date at the top of this page shows when these Rules were last updated.
The laws of Switzerland govern these Rules and Your use of our IQOS Pages, and You irrevocably accept the jurisdiction of the competent courts located in Lausanne, Switzerland, without regard to any international provision on conflicts of law or private international law, and the exclusion of the 1980 UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
Right of Assignment, Non-Waiver, Severability
PMI may assign its rights and duties under these Rules to any person at any time without prior notice to You, unless required by applicable law, but this will not affect Your rights or our obligations under these Rules.
The non-insistence or requirement of strict compliance with these Rules is not a waiver of any of these Rules or the rights of PMI. Users should always assume that these Rules apply.
If any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Rules will continue to be enforceable.
Thank you for reading. Please enjoy our community!
Notes on the revision:
Last modified on February 12, 2019