Terms and conditions
This Website www.iqos.com (the "Site" or the "Website") is the property of Philip Morris Dominicana, SA ("PMDO"), a company incorporated in accordance with the laws of the Dominican Republic, with registered office at Eduardo LeónJimenes Street No. 2, Villa Progreso, Santiago de los Caballeros, Dominican Republic.
In order to access the Site, it is mandatory that adult smokers or adult IQOS users thereof (the "Users" or, individually, the "User") have read, understood and accepted these Terms and Conditions of Use of the Site (the "Terms and Conditions"), which will be considered accepted without limitation and / or any exception at the time when Users decide to access, explore and / or in any way use the Site.
PMDO reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify the terms and conditions at any time. Users who do not agree with the terms and conditions or any of its modifications must refrain from accessing the Site and using the services within it.
PMDO welcomes you to the online store module of its Website www.iqos.com.do.
By using the Site and the shopping module or online store, you agree that we offer the services of purchase and delivery of product only and exclusively to Users residing in the Dominican Republic. If you access the Site outside of the Dominican Republic, you will do so at your own risk and will be responsible for compliance with the corresponding local legislation.
- Client: refers to any User who has an account on the Website for the purchase of products, registered in the PMDO database and who purchases the product through its online store module.
- Conditions of sale: refers to the provisions of paragraph 5 of these terms and conditions.
- Account: refers to the registration of a User User in the PMDO database of consumers of tobacco products, fuels or without combustion.
- Product: refers to the products that PMDO markets on the Website.
- Website: refers indistinctly to all websites owned by PMDO and in particular to www.iqos.com.do.
- Services: refers to the sale of products, information and customer service offered by PMDO.
- PMDO: refers to Philip Morris Dominicana, SA, a corporation incorporated, organized and existing in accordance with the legal system of the Dominican Republic.
- User: refers to any adult smoker who accesses and navigates the Website, and / or makes an account.
When you enter the personal information we require to complete your transaction, you are granting PMDO, its affiliated and / or related companies; as well as its agents and third-party suppliers the right to capture that information, verify your credit card, place the order and organize the delivery.
The payment methods used by PMDO are provided by Servicios Digitales Popular (Blue). The delivery of the products is made through services provided by Grupo PYV (Mail Boxes & Etc ) and ACERH.
The aforementioned entities are obliged to comply with security standards and, in the case of Azul, encryption, to keep your information secure; using only the information necessary to complete the required process.
We recommend reading the privacy policies of these providers to better understand how they handle the information provided.
By using the online store module of the Site and making purchases through it, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of both the Site and that module, and each of the service providers listed here . In the same way, it accepts, understands and recognizes that the obligations and responsibility related to its payment and the information and data related to it, and with the delivery data of its order, fall exclusively on said suppliers.
We reserve the right to modify our terms and conditions at any time, with the understanding that the aforementioned terms and conditions, as well as any modification to them, will be published on this page and available for your review. The changes and clarifications will have immediate effects after being placed on the page.
There are two types of delivery available in the online store:
- Delivery from 24 to 72 hours:
- Available for Santo Domingo and Santiago from 24 to 48 hours after the order is made, excluding weekends and holidays from that period, where the delivery time may be longer.
- Available for: Azua,Baní , Bávaro, Bonao, Cotuí , El Seibo , Hato Mayor, Higuey , La Romana, La Vega, Mao, Moca, Monte Plata, Nagua, Ocoa , Puerto Plata, Punta Cana, Salcedo, Samaná, San Cristóbal , San Francisco de Macoris, San Juan de la Maguana and San Pedro de Macoris, from 24 to 72 hours after the order is made, excluding from this period the weekends and holidays where the delivery time may be longer.
- All orders registered after 5:00 PM will be processed the next business day.Consequently, the delivery period will be calculated from the day on which the order is processed.
- When making the purchase, the User will have the possibility to indicate a date of preference for delivery, even outside the 48-hour period.Said preference does not represent a delivery obligation on the date of preference on the part of PMDO, which may proceed to deliver in the aforementioned period of 24 to 48 hours, but will take into consideration the Client's preference within its possibilities.
- The delivery is made only to the registered purchaser or the person designated by him at the time of making the purchase, who must be over 18 years of age, present his identificationissued by a government entity and sign the receipt of the order.
- Delivery in 30 minutes or less:
- It takes 30 minutes or less after placing the order, provided that the order is completed at the following times:
Reception of orders:
Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 9:30 PM.
Saturdays, Sundays and holidays from 10:00 AM to 5:30 PM.
- The only items available through this delivery method will be the HEETS in all its variants and sizes.
- All orders registered outside these hours will be processed the next day in the corresponding service hours and delivered that day.
- Deliveries are made only to the registered Purchasing Customer or the person designated by him at the time of purchase, who must be over 18 years of age, present their identification issued by a governmental entity, sign the invoice upon receipt of the order.
- The sectors of Santo Domingo for this type of delivery are: MAY 30, ATALA, BELLA VISTA, BUENOS AIRES (INDEPENDENCE), CACIQUE, CENTER OF HEROES, OLYMPIC CENTER, UNIVERSITY CITY, CHRIST KING, THE MILLION, ENSANCHE THE FAITH, ENSANCHE NACO, ENSANCHE QUISQUEYA, EVARISTO MORALES, GAZCUE, GENERAL ANTONIO DUVERGE, BOTANICAL GARDEN, ZOOLOGICAL GARDEN, GARDENS OF THE SOUTH, JULIETA MORALES, AGUSTINA, LA ESPERILLA, LA JULIA, THE CACICAZGOS, THE GARDENS, THE PRADOS, THE RESTAURADORES, THE RIVERS, MATA HUNGER, NIGHTWALK, SOUTHERN VIEWPOINT, MIRAFLORES, MIRAMAR, OUR LADY OF LA PAZ, NEW ARROYO HONDO, PARADISE, WALK OF INDIANS, PIANTINI, RENAISSANCE, SAN GERONIMO, SAN JUAN BOSCO, TROPICAL METALDOM, OLD ARROYO HONDO, VILLA JUANA, INDUSTRIAL AREA HERRERA, NEW CITY, COLONIAL ZONE, HONDURAS DEL NORTE, HONDURAS DEL OESTE
We do our best to ensure the satisfaction of our Users and that they can receive your order at the time of your preference according to the above; however, it is possible that causes beyond our control or that of our service providers result in delays in the delivery of the products or inconveniences in the processing of your order. In this sense, we are not responsible in case of delays in the delivery or other inconveniences related to it or with the processing of your order resulting from force majeure, acts of nature, situations beyond our control or that of our suppliers, or other situations that make delivery or processing difficult or impossible.
- SALES PROCESS
When the User makes a purchase, a confirmation message of the order will be sent to the email provided by the User.
The invoices of purchases made under "Delivery of 24 to 48 hours" will be sent by email to the registered mail of the User. Purchase invoices made under "Delivery in 30 minutes or less" will be delivered to the User in physical form at the time of delivery of the product purchased.
The sale of the product will be carried out under the following conditions: a maximum of 5 HEETS packages (50 packs) per day, and a maximum of 10 HEETS packs (100 packs) per month and a maximum of 3 IQOS per month. This applies both to the number of products ordered in the same order and to the case in which the User chooses to place several orders for the same product and said individual orders exceed the maximum amount specified.
The purchase currency is solely and exclusively the Dominican Peso (DOP). Only payments by credit or debit card are accepted.
Credit and debit cards:
The credit and debit cards accepted by Servicios Digitales Popular (Blue) for purchases within our online store are only MasterCard , Visa and Discover Network. All forms of payment will be verified by said institution and must be authorized by it. After verification, Servicios Digitales Popular (Azul) will inform the User about the approval of the payment and the corresponding order. PMDO does not handle or store information regarding your card or payment method, which is managed and verified by Servicios Digitales Popular (Azul) directly. We disassociate ourselves from the handling of cloned or stolen credit cards; If a sale is made even after the information verification process, we are not responsible for it. It is understood that the customer is solely responsible for compliance with the policies of use of their respective credit card; as well as in front of the banking institutions that accredit them.
Exchange and Returns Policy. Retract:
You can not return or change the products purchased in our online store. The order can not be modified or canceled once it has been made. The consumer has no right of retraction with respect to the orders once placed.
Information, Prices and Availability of Products:
All the prices of the products available to the User on the Website include the legally applicable taxes and charges, including the ITBIS.
The Website includes information on the availability of the products, detailing it in the information page of each of the products. At the moment of processing the User's order, an email will inform you as soon as possible if any of the products included in the order is not available. In this case, no amount will be charged for said product.
- GENERAL TERMS OF THE ONLINE STORE
By using the services of the online store, you confirm that you are of legal age and accept that its use is not intended for minors.
By using the online store, the User accepts and acknowledges that the purchases through it and, in short, all the services offered by PMDO through or in relation to the Site, are destined solely and exclusively for the purposes of personal use by Users. In this regard, the User acknowledges and undertakes not to purchase a product for purposes other than its own use, and especially not to use it for commercial purposes or for the use of third parties.
You must not use our products for purposes contrary to laws or unauthorized -including purchases for commercial purposes or for third parties-, nor should you, when using our services, violate any law including those of copyright. PMDO reserves the right to pursue any action it deems pertinent in these cases.
If you do not comply with the terms and conditions, we will immediately cancel the services, without prejudice to any judicial or extrajudicial action that PMDO may exercise.
We reserve the right to deny or cancel our services and the sale of products to any User at any time and at our sole discretion.
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any part of the service, use, access or contact with our Site or the services related to it.
Products: Availability and Errors
PMDO will take all reasonable measures to maintain availability in real time and information on the Site as accurately as possible. However, some product may have a price, description, quantity, shipping costs or incorrect photos. If during or after the purchase process this happens, the Client will be notified immediately of the error and will proceed to resolve the situation to the best convenience of the Client and within the possibilities of PMDO.
The prices of our products are subject to change without prior notice. Some products, services, offers or promotions may be exclusive to the online store. These products, services, offers or promotions may have limited quantities.
We strive to show as accurately as possible the colors and characteristics of the products we present on the Website. We can not guarantee that your screen accurately displays the colors of the product. We reserve the right to modify or discontinue the service, as well as any offer or promotion or any part or content of the Site without prior notice at any time.
- COMMERCIAL GUARANTEE
If used in accordance with the User's Guide, the IQOS device is designed and tested for approximately 7,300 applications.
The guarantee offered by the IQOS device and its components, in accordance with the consumer protection law, is one year or 7,300 uses, whichever comes first. The guarantee applies only if the device was purchased in the Dominican Republic.
If you need to make your guarantee effective, please contact the IQOS Customer Service Center (1809 200 4767).
Once the evaluation of the product has been carried out (IQOS Customer Service Center), if the guarantee applies, the device will be replaced with a completely new one or the defective part will be replaced.
The guarantee for the purchase of IQOS applies if the device was purchased in the Republic Dominican in IQOS stores, through an IQOS Coach or through our virtual store.
- BILLING AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION
We reserve the right to refuse any order received. At our discretion, we can limit or cancel quantities in orders. These restrictions may include orders or purchases made by the same User, the same credit card or orders that use the same address.
In case this happens, you may be notified by email, address, telephone, text message or any other means of contact registered by the User / Client or according to the information provided at the time of placing the order. We reserve the right to limit or cancel orders that, in our opinion, appear to be made by merchants, resellers or distributors.
When you place a purchase in our store, you agree to provide current, complete and accurate information. You agree to update your information, including email, so we can contact you when necessary.
- ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
Each time a User uses a PMDO service or sends an email, a text message via mobile device, or any other communication from their computer or mobile device, they will be communicating electronically with PMDO. PMDO will contact the User by different means, such as, for example, without limitation: via email, telephone call, text messages via mobile device, notifications within applications, or by sending messages or communications by email or by publishing them on the website. In accordance with the terms and conditions, the User consents to receive communications from PMDO by electronic means, and accepts that all contracts, notices and other notifications and communications that are sent by electronic means satisfy any requirement in writing.